First, I realize that the author Robert Kiyosaki chose to spread his wisdom over a dozen or so published books. I only read the first one of the series “Rich dad, poor dad”.
Also, I think that the game he made, “CashFlow”, is very promising.
He made it, especially so that people can educate themselves in finances, and be even more aware of what they can do to prosper. And it’s free.
He once compares himself, someone with poor writing skills but a sales degree, with a person he met who had a literature degree and struggled with successful publishing and selling a book. He then explained to her that the cover of any best-selling book of an author says exactly that – “Best-Selling”, and not, for example, “Best-Written”.
A strong statement that reflects on our culture, where you very rarely see a book or author that has those two qualities in themselves.
Strong statements were made about the notion of money –
– First, that money was invented, changed and verified at the whims of legislators across the historic span.
– Another, that printing money (called counterfeiting) was a legitimate way to create money. He actually states that this is what government does, forbidding it from the masses.
– The last one- about taxes, and how they came to be. Although he thinks it all started in England’s Robin Hood era. So, further subscribes to the notion of government.
The simple wisdom of this book is quite obvious. You are better off reading Dale Carnegie‘s “How to Win Friends and Influence People“.
- Your greatest assets are always present – Your mind, your body, your sight, knowledge and imagination. PAY YOURSELF FIRST he says.
- Know assets (Puts money in your pocket) from the liabilities (Takes money away). REGIME YOURSELF, PAY ATTENTION AND BE SOBER MINDED.
- Don’t work for money, but instead create money; Be the reason for it.
PROVIDE INITIATIVE, BE ASSORTIVE, AVOID ROUTINE.
- Know when and how to grow (mentally)- Educate yourself. MOST PEOPLE ARE JUST ONE SKILL AWAY FROM THEIR BLISS.
- Last but not least – IMPROVE UPON OUR INHERENT, HUMAN, FEAR OF REJECTION. FOR BETTER OR WORSE, BUT THE UNIVERSE FAVORS THE BRAVE!
I personally struggle with this, but see for yourself- ten years ago I was so shy I couldn’t order pizza or make a doctor appointment OVER THE PHONE!